At the east end of the Aisle Arcades are two carved stone heads. On the south side is the mitred head of Bishop Richard Lewis who
consecrated the South Aisle and Chancel in 1886. On the north side you see J.R.Phillips, the first vicar of
the parish and builder
of the aisles. He is shown wearing the then customary square cap. Below is carved on the half pillar, a shield bearing the Formulae of the Holy Trinity.
As the building changed, so too did the Church furnishings: to accomodate the extension of the Chancel, the twin pulpits that were either side of the original, smaller Chancel were taken down in about 1885 and replaced by the present one in 1909. The pulpit was moved from the north side of the Church to accomodate the newly constructed North Aisle to its present position on the South Aisle. As a result it faces the Lady Chapel and not the body of the Church. In 1910 a large ornate brass eagle lectern was placed in front of the Formulae the Holy Trinity. This piece was given as a memorial to John Gearing, Mary and Emily Thomas (John Gearing Thomas being J.G.Thomas, the builder of the wooden base of the High Alter). The Oak Rood Screen was erected in 1894 though the colouring, gilding and the placing of